Rainbow Mountain & Red Valley Expedition 1 Day
Nature is unpredictable. On rare occasions it seems that it strives to show us an almost artistic beauty and sensibility. And when this happens, places like the Rainbow Mountain come up, where it seems that the earth was taken as a canvas and the colors of the geology created a masterpiece. This full day Rainbow Mountain & Red Valley Expedition, takes you in a unforgettable experience through the colorful valley and mountain with the best team.
Early in the morning, we pick you up from your hotel/hostel and drive towards the southwest for about 2 hours until Pitumarca, our breakfast spot. After our nutritious breakfast, we keep driving for another 30min to the starting point. As soon as we continue our journey, we will already enjoy the magic landcaspes, full of local flora and fauna, reddish mountains suddenly appear. The hike is easy-to-medium, only the last part (500 mts) is more inclined, but affordable.
Once we reach the top, we will take our time for our photography session. On the way down, we will take a detour in order to visit the other famous valley, the Red Valley. We drive back to the begining and have a delicious buffet lunch. Back to Cusco, arriving around 4:00pm.
End of our Experience!!
- All transportation
- Experienced Bilingual Outdoor/Guide
- Breakfast and lunch (buffet)
- Entrance ticket for the Mountain and the Red Valley.
- Trekking poles
- Travel Insurance
- Tips (optional)
- Acclimatization is necessary in Cusco, some days before starting the tour.
- For a good acclimatization it is necessary to rest as much as possible, eat little, drink plenty of liquid; especially the mate de coca that has medicinal properties.
- Adequate acclimatization prevents affecting the “soroche” or altitude sickness, which could cause numerous health problems.
- Do not drink alcoholic drinks before the expedition.