Humantay Lake Expedition 1 Day
Peru keeps surprising us with its Culture, History, Gastronomy and Nature. In each region you can find tourist attractions worthy of admiration and inviting us to know. This is the case of Humantay Lake, a bit known natural attraction that has an impressive geography formed over the time. In the Humantay Lake Expedition, we will have the opportunity to visit it and beautify by its particular charm.
Very early in the morning we will start our journey by land to the town of Mollepata, where we will have our first stop for the buffet breakfast. We will continue until we reach the Soraypampa valley where we begin our trek. Along the way, we will be able to appreciate different ecological floors, beautiful landscapes and the imposing snow-glaciered Mountains Humantay and Salkantay. After about an hour and a half trekking, we will arrive at the impressive Humantay Lagoon located at 4200 masl (13779 ft.). Its turquoise and crystalline colors contrast with the majestic snowfalls of the area. We will return for lunch to the same town of Mollepata and to the city of Cusco by the same route.
End of the experience!!
- All transportation
- Experienced Bilingual Outdoor/Guide
- Breakfast and lunch (buffet)
- Water for the trek
- Entrance ticket for the Mountain.
- Trekking poles
- Travel Insurance
- Tips (optional)
- Acclimatization is necessary in Cusco, some days before starting the tour.
- For a good acclimatization it is necessary to rest as much as possible, eat little, drink plenty of liquid; especially the mate de coca that has medicinal properties.
- Adequate acclimatization prevents affecting the “soroche” or altitude sickness, which could cause numerous health problems.
- Do not drink alcoholic drinks before the expedition.
- Take warm jacket, windproof jacket, sunblock